Pink Fire Pointer Cocoon Furs legacy...!

Wednesday 3 October 2012

Cocoon Furs legacy...!

Fur making is my familys profession for more than 120 years.
I could not resist following the tradition.

Growing up in Kastoria, the famous city of fur industry and christian tradition, I left technology aside and tried to use my hands as my grandfather tought me years ago.

Every item has personal effort and unique technique,coming from the medieval Byzantine times.
When monks of Kastoria used to create fur coats and stoles for famous queens and kings of the times.

Passing from generation to generation, I am now creator of Cocoon Furs, based in Cyprus and created in the mountains of Kastoria, near the orthodox monasteries that I grew up.

Meeting with fabulus designer Paolo Canavazio, I tried to combine the traditional handmade technique with modern Italian design.

Famous director Alex Pantazoudis, has inspired and produced a series of fashion videos for Cocoon furs inspired by French poetry, supporting our label and items.

Let the fairytale of the Byzantine times inspire your life with a fur item from Cocoon.
Live simple but intense.

Dedicated to my grandfather...

Naoum Karakosta

info@cocoonfurs.com
www.cocoonfurs.com
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGPnOf4QLZw