Pink Fire Pointer Spring Trends

Friday 22 April 2011

Spring Trends

As my first post I've decided to write about spring trends, personally I don't necessarily follow and like trends, I rather embrace personal styles. However I find spotting  trends very interesting , that constant change in fashion keeps it always interesting and sometimes I can be very exposed to seasonal trends, but I think it comes from my own drive for experimentation :)
Every season there are many trends so I've picked up those that appeal to me most.

Prints and Flowers:
Christian Dior Spring 2011 Ready-to-Wear
Christian Dior in his collection showed us a lot of exciting prints, mainly floral. Key in this season is that it's totally acceptable to join together two completely different flower prints. Those that with a first thought may not go together, but this season they will ! Eg. flower prints skirt and a top with totally different colors, sizes and layout.

70's SHOW:
Salvatore Ferragamo spring 2011 runway photos
Salvatore Ferragamo and many more designer took and inspiration from 70's. However it's made moder, designers deliver to us much more cleaner version then it's flower-child predecessors. Key items for this look are wide leg trousers, floor lenght skirts, and bohemian blouses. You can play it with natural beautiful and calm colors (like Ferragamo) or more colourfull (Fendi).

PUNK'D
Balmain Spring 2011 Ready-to-Wear

This is a trend that keeps coming back. You can work it  with bright colors and geometrical shapes for a fresh twist to this look , just like in Gaultire's collection, or keep it sexy and with skinny trousers(recommending PVC) , high heels, slightly over sized and slashed shirt and biker jacket. Personally I think that it's a little bit heave for a sunny weather, however it gives you that extra edge :)

And significant observation from high street is WHITENESS. As i fell in love with recent H&M collection there many more high street shops embracing that fresh, light and flawless look which always's visible during the summer and looks absolutely fabulous on everyone. So on you're next shopping spree think about you own white piece of wardrobe, for me it's an absolute must have for summer :)